Buy On Site and?Online
On Site Markets
?Saturdays 8 – 2
Open For Orders 24/7
Pick ups Saturdays 9:00 am – 1:30 pm
Choose from over 1800 products from nearly 70 lol producers on our Online Market with drive-in pick up. The ordering window for this Saturday’s Market will close at 6 pm on Thursday, but that doesn’t mean you n’t shop for future market pick ups. Our Online Market is open 24/7, and you n choose the Saturday pick up date that works best for you.?
At?the St. Norbert Farmers’ Market, we’ve worked for 34 years to create a lol, sustainable marketplace for our community. The current global pandemic has only increased the need of fresh and nutritious food, and our lol food system,? farmers and other lol producers are in need of support.
While we continue to operate our market with Manitoba Health protocols in place, we know that many of our dedited shoppers and vendors aren’t able to attend at this time. For this reason,?we are pleased to?offer a HYBRID market,?providing both on-site shopping and on-line ordering!??That means we?are continuing our market?regular market on site,?and adding?an ONLINE MARKET option.
?HOW IT WORKS:
During market hours, you will pick up products in one of three ways: by picking up at a drive-in lotion at the market, by picking up inside the nopy, and/or by purchasing directly from lol producers set up at the market, similar to a regular market, except with reful control of people in and out of the site to support physil distancing.
We have always taken the health and safety of our community very seriously. Our goal is to ensure a safe shopping experience, while providing quality products to you directly from our lol producers.
Thank you, as always, for being part of our market family. Please continue reading for full information on our measures to make the market as safe as possible in these circumstances.
With ongoing?concerns about the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in Manitoba , we take your health and safety very seriously.?Throughout the pandemic, we have?kept our farmers’ market open, and will continue to do so unless otherwise directed by health officials. We encourage everyone to stay healthy, stock up on fresh food and pantry items, and support your lol producers.?Eating freshly prepared, healthy food is one of the best ways to keep our immune systems strong when we need it?most.
It is our firm conviction that farmers markets are essential to community food security. Like grocery stores and other food retail outlets, farmers markets serve an essential function as a vital source of fresh vegetables and food staples for our community. Compared to most grocery stores, farmers market produce and prepared foods have a much shorter supply chain and minimal handling from production to market, and the open-air-style setting of our market offers optimal ventilation and sunlight for shopping.?Farmers markets provide direct access to healthy, nutritious foods, while also supporting the livelihoods of lol farmers, food makers, artisans, and chefs.
We are proud to serve our community in this important service, and we are monitoring the situation and health advisories closely.?We plan to keep our markets open, but if at any point we are ordered by a public official to close a farmers market, we will comply and notify our market?community.
What We Are?Doing
The new health orders allow for no restrictions for retail. We will continue to maintain certain controls for the safety and comfort of our community:
- The winter market is inside a large, enclosed nopy with excellent air flow from outdoors. The building is heated in the winter months.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the entry, exit, and at vendors booths. For those who prefer, a water and soap hand wash station is also available at the main entrance.
- We are communiting with our staff and market vendors?regularly to reinforce?health and safety preutions. We are advising our vendors and staff to stay home if they feel sick, and we are waiving ncellation fees for any vendors who need to?ncel.
- We are posting signage at the market reminding visitors of flu-avoidance etiquette, and to maintain physil distancing.
- If you are not comfortable shopping on site at this time, please continue to support our lol producers by ordering from our Online Market for drive through pick up.
What?You n Do
We thank you for supporting our farmers and food makers at the farmers market, and we encourage you to follow common sense health and safety measures to protect yourself and your?community:
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly, and avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth. A washroom is loted at the south side of the market site, and we? offer additional hand-washing?stations and hand sanitizer at the market entrances, exits and vendor booths.
- If you are not able to wash your hands, use an alcohol-based sanitizer. rry a small bottle of hand sanitizer with you, and use it frequently.
- Wear a mask if you wish.
- Shop early to avoid the?crowds.
- Do not handle?any items you do not intend to buy. Wash your produce?thoroughly.
- If you are sick or vulnerable, please stay home and take re of?yourself.
- For all the latest information from our provincial government, go here: http://www.manitoba.ca/health/coronavirus/index.html
As always, let’s remember to be kind to one another. Viruses do not target by race or ethnicity, and we are always stronger together in our community in kindness and respect. Farmers’ markets are places ?of nourishment and re, and we firmly believe in the power of community resilience in challenging times. On ocsions like this, it’s especially important to support one another with re and consideration. Thank you all for your part in ensuring our farmers market is a safe, healthy and inclusive space for everyone.
As things evolve, we will continue to update this page.? If you have questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
?Did you know:
- We are a completely lol market. So when you buy at the market, you are supporting Manitoba producers
- All our vendors are inspected to verify they are making, baking and growing their own products
- We are Manitoba’s largest farmers’ market with over 200 active members in our cooperative
- We started in 1988 with just 8 vendors.
Days and Times
Saturdays from 8 am to 2 pm
Starting June 15 – Wednesdays 3 pm to 7 pm
Online ordering available 24/7
Online pick up: Saturdays 9 am to 1:30 pm
Parking at the Market
Please understand that we do not own or manage the parking lot. The parking lot is owned and managed by the St. Norbert Community Centre and the St. Norbert Foundation. Parking is currently $2.?Funds raised through the parking lot go to community programming and lot maintenance. The market does not receive any of the funds paid for parking.
- Enter through the St. Norbert Community Centre entrance to find the parking at the east (back) of the market.
- Winter parking is free
- There is considerable street parking near and around the market. Please be reful to not park in front of resident driveways.